Discover more from Startup Istanbul Blog
How has growth hacking changed?
How Growth Hacking Has Evolved Since Its Origins in Early Stage Startups
- Growth hacking originally focused on helping early stage startups that are vulnerable and close to death optimize everything to impact growth.
- It has evolved to apply well beyond startups to large tech companies like Microsoft and Amazon that embrace testing to drive success.
- There was initial excitement and confusion around the term which led to alternative definitions like marketing tricks or cleverness.
- The core is a powerful way to drive growth through a test and learn process, not what it's called or perceived to be.
- Explaining it to a child focuses on a growth mindset of continuously improving through trying new things and measuring results, not why growth is important.